Thursday, June 09, 2005

Not Good Enough...

Another time of the night where my mind just fails to shut and have it put to rest. In stead of going to bed, i just woke up to write this poem which was in my mind for the longest time. Hrmm, guess another poem for me to send it to the PoetSanctuary. Enjoy...

Drenched by the lake with the rain still pouring,
On my shoulder was the burden that left me wondering,
Was it me or him whom made this mistake?
Until today, we still have problem searching,
For the right words to say at the correct timing.

It is sad to see that happiness was never with me,
Loneliness was a part of me from the very beginning.
I face the forest that was right in front of me,
I search through it just to find nothing.
Is life just like the forest that I’m looking at right now?
Or is it me who went to a deserted forest just to be caught in it?

Like snow that turns into dust in the middle of the night,
Crumbled papers that are only left in sight,
I search high and low just to find a single sign,
To help me understand what you truly want,
Tell me now, oh can you please?
I don’t want to be left in this misery.
Fighting for days has what been happening to me,
To find what’s wrong with us that affected my belonging.

Like the water in need to obey the fishes,
Directing them right to the nearby rivers,
I was pushed over the edges,
Hanging by a thread that will break in a moment,
Nothing to hold on to, as I felt vulnerable,
I ought to know the pain I am feeling inside,
I couldn’t stand a chance to hear my own cries.
Was it just me or was it you in the centre of this crime?
Whatever it is, I needed to deal with it now.

Like a sword piercing through my stomach,
The words piercing through my very heart,
When can my heartache ever be cured?
The times you walk pass with guilt pictured in your very eyes,
The times you cried just because I am at fault,
Is now the time to tell me what you truly want?
Or do you want to see me cry even harder each time?
Tell me now, don’t make me lost in my own insanity,
I need to know to make sure I’m really the one for you to hold.

No comments: