Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The beginning of my holiday

Sad to say, I have not thought much about what to do this holidays and I guess that is the reason why I am stuck here, at home, doing absolutely nothing. I miss the fun times back in Monash where silly things are all we discuss about. Truly, I am pretty much waiting for this one month holiday to pass so that I can be back in Monash again. One month is just way too long. Why can’t they have like a week off or something where 2nd semester starts the next week?

The tree with the yellow flowers located just outside my window is not blossoming. I remember reading a novel while sitting near my window so that I could stare out every now and then just to look at that beautiful tree. However, what’s left seem so naked to the eye. How I wish it could bloom once again.

The most hurtful thing of all during holidays is that you can not look into the eyes of the one you truly love most. All you can do is just call to hear his voice, but not experiencing the emotions. Argh! It has only been 4 days and I couldn’t take the silence anymore! I wish to go back to KL now, but I got to be with my parents for the holidays as I have long gone from them. How I wish distance was never the factor, but I guess it is after all.

Hrm, nothing interesting which I can talk about here. Oh, anyways, what’s with all the grunting on court by tennis players? Maria Sharapova seems to be having the loudest grunt ever that made the umpire annoyed. Well, I don’t see it necessary myself for the grunting and other provoking noises while playing tennis. It may intimidate the opponent that’s for sure, but what Sharapova’s coach said actually surprised me… grunting is the way for a person to build up energy. I’m impressed by his statement because I never once think of that before.

I didn’t quite celebrate father’s day with my dad. I should have done something special. After all, he’s the one who brought me up and disciplined me fully till I am mature enough to be independent. Mom and dad went for the Engelbert concert in Genting Highlands which made me feel regretful now as I opted not to go with them. The man with the magnificent voice that sang ‘Quando, Quando, Quando’ and ‘Release Me’ in the olden days during my father’s childhood era. I’m glad that my mom went with my dad, I guess it is time for them to have a little quiet time away from the children. I wonder…

My dad is full of jokes at times which made him look a few years younger than his atual age. He's 50 now but still look young and healthy. Just love it when he says 'Sure, i'll get you BMW530i tomorrow, i just have to go to NIKKO to get it for you'. It just made me laugh whenever i joke with him about wanting to get a new, luxurious car for my birthday or any other occasions. Dad is likely to say what he always will say to me 'Sure, i'll get it for you'. He is just an amazing dad! However, i realized that deep down inside, my dad is a little dissapointed in me as i have not chosen to take Quantity Surveying as my desired ambition. Well, i just hope to prove to my dad that i can get a steady, lucrative job after i get my degree in Bachelor of Communications. Of course, experience will have to come first!

I drove back from KL at about 9.30am that Saturday and had a pretty knowledgable trip back to my hometown. My cousin kept on babbling about her life in Japan and the differentation of the culture here and there. It was pretty much an enjoyable talk by her and it just made me want to get to know more about the world's different culture. Sometimes, watching it on National Geographic or any other documentary channel will not give you the fill of those cultures, and yet of course, if we are to experience it by traveling, that would be great! I am waiting for the day to come where i can travel around the world just to learn how people live in every corner of the world.

It was pretty much a good thing to leave us kids at home. I am full of contradiction sometimes as i said it earlier that i should have gone to that concert! Of course we kids got to enjoy the evening without parents, and the night going crazy with the music on and the watching movies till late night. Well, i slept at about 2 am, as usual, but didn't know that mom and dad was back early the next morning. I didn't have the time to sneak out of the house for breakfast at my usual place. Sadest thing of all, Aaron is not back yet from TAR and i have no one to play tennis with. I am not sure where to go... Ipoh can be such a boring place, but face it, I'm so unwilling to drive out as my house is pretty much comfortable and i just spend my time sleeping.

What a start to the holidays...

No comments: