Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day's Blues!

Let’s see, tomorrow’s Valentine’s Day. As everyone will be enjoying themselves with their loved ones, I was just sitting down here, thinking of 5 reasonable ways to go through a single life for the time being. Not everyone needs a valentine on this special occasion; I guess most of us singles need some encouragement from one another to stay happy! Below are the 5 reasonable ways that I could think of to be happily single.

5 ways to stay happily single:-

1. Hop on a bus and go travelling all over Malaysia
You might think I’m crazy but hey, it’s better than staying at home and rot. All you have to do is to hop on a bus and go to places that you really wish to visit within Malaysia. I would love to drive up to Bukit Tambun for sea food. After that, drive straight up to Bukit Ferringi and stay there until I get a phone call from my dad asking me where I’ve been the whole day!

2. Doing things which you have never done before.
Things I have not done before and wish that I could experience them:-

a. Eating fried or cooked dead bugs
When I was in Beijing, I seriously wanted to try them but was immediately given a warning by the tour guide as he told me that I’ll end up hospitalized for a total duration of 2 weeks.

b.Going to super cold places, for instance, the North Pole; strip naked and jump into a pile of snow?
Guess what! I was chatting with a friend of mine from Texas whom I got to know when I was studying in Taylor’s and he told me about his experience of stripping naked and getting into a pile of snow while it was -4 degrees. Speaking about going insane, he’s someone who never fails to impress me with his insanity!

c. Driving 180km/h on a freeway in any car you can get hold of.
I seriously wish to do so, but can never get the chance to cause whenever I am involve in long distance driving, my mom and dad will be in the car with me.

3. Movie Marathon
So, what are the movies you’ve missed out in 2004 and the latest films which you never had the time to watch. It’s now the time to go DVD-shopping and make sure you watch it all night long without taking your eyes off the TV screen. Forget about being a ‘gentleman’ or a ‘lady’ and getting up from your sit and letting your parents take control of the television cause it’s YOUR DAY!!

4. Sports Marathon
Something I wish I could have done more often than just once in a life which left me panting and wishing I could have 24 hours to spare in bed! Well, you can start of with getting up early in the morning (about 6am) and getting to the club for an early swim. Make sure you complete a total of 20 laps before you call it a day! Later on at about 8.30am, go for a jog in the park. Then at 10 am, have your branch and make sure you only have a bowl of salad to bite. Later on, you can go shopping until 5pm. At about 6pm, start packing your tennis racquets and go for a game of tennis. Well, after that, head to the gym until 10.30pm and retire for the night… without taking a bath *winkz*

5
. Doing nothing while doing something
No explanation for this but I guess you can figure it out yourself!!

Is this promising enough to lead you to a happy single life? Well, to me, it helped pretty much. Whenever you feel lonely on Valentine’s Day, remember that you can be happily single before you find the right person to live the rest of your life with!

2 comments:

Fikri said...

I like the Movie Marathon option. It's a great one. Even when times are lean, I borrow plenty of movies from friends.

Good post. Not as depressing as usual :>

Anonymous said...

There's this cool place in Bangkok where u can eat fried bugs n I can assure u that u won't b hosptalized...!!!