Monday, February 14, 2005

Death of an Infant

The air tonight,
Was covered with memories from the past,
Mixed with a pungent smell,
Death has been around,
This i could tell.

Blood dampened the cloth of an infant,
Piercing cries were ceased in the air,
Just for a moment i stood there,
Stared and perambulated the room,
Blood covered my feet,
Wasn't concious that,
I was walking on bloody sheets.

A traumatic scene i could never forget,
The air was replaced with a sudden scream,
Wasn't from my mouth,
Wasn't from within,
The baby was still crying,
How can someone do such a thing?
How could someone plunge a knife,
Through the heart of one innocent?

Standing in the center of darkness,
Nothing but a table lamp,
Crippled,
Shattered on the arctic floor.

Broken pieces of the table lamp,
Piercing through my skin,
I couldn't feel the pain,
Cuts like a knife,
Blood oozing from my sole,
Spewed endlessly onto the floor,
But i felt nothing at all.

Ran through the forest in a briskly manner,
Want to get out from where i'm at,
Through the city streets of town,
To a place i could be safe from the burden found.
Back to where i belong,
In bed with the covers up to my chin,
Comfort blankets provide warmth to my skin,
Where i sleep like a baby,
Through the night.

No more screams,
Memories erased,
Washed my hands,
Go to bed,
Sleep till morning comes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a dark piece indeedd! Neat one :D what triggers it i wonder?