Monday, February 14, 2005

Back From China

I just came back from the North (China). Celebrated my Chinese New Year holidays in Beijing, Tian Jing and Sheng De and it was freaking cold. Got to experience snow the second time in life now and I guess I’ll get to experience more when I further my studies in Australia in 2006. Well, not as if snow is a good thing, but it’s pretty cool to have your hands all frozen up at the end of the day and the next thing you know is that you are screaming for hot water!!

It was pretty much an unplanned trip to Beijing. I just got to know that we were heading to Beijing one week before. Well, as usual, I’m never ever show my enthusiasm when it comes to spending my holidays in China. Some may wonder why and some may think it’s a great place to be. First of all, I wouldn’t want to criticize the country or the people, all I have to say is that, China’s not my cup of tea!

Got out in the cold and having a hard time staying awake in the car with the heater on while listening to the tour guide speak, it was amazing how I could survive a week of pure boredom. Well, come to think of it, it wasn’t a disastrous trip after all. Not like when I went to Shanghai with my parents in November 2004 where the food was terrible, and the hotel was in a bad condition. Oh, and not forgetting, the early morning call (6am – SHARP!!). Beijing wasn’t as terrible. The food was great; the places we visited were pretty much interesting; we had a really knowledgeable tour guide; stayed in a four-star hotel (Ai Hua Hotel). So if you every want to go on a vacation, remember to consider Ken-Air!

Goodbye four months of being a rotten egg and hello sufferings of the 1st semester of the 2nd year! The holidays will be coming to an end pretty soon and I am seriously looking forward to meeting friends again! It was wonderful to stay at home these holidays, but boredom was accompanying me all the while and I think it is the time to break loose from these chains. I will try my best to enjoy the studying days which will be lined up for me when Uni. reopens and hopefully I can do better than last year. I confessed that I did pretty bad during the first year as I was complaining about the studying environment in Monash but I guess all these complains are better left behind and I need to build up more on my concentration and focus more on aiming high as well as doing well.

*~ Just want to wish you all a Happy Chinese New Year ~*

No comments: