Monday, November 08, 2004

I'm Leaving on Thai Airlines

A week has gone since the holidays first started. The week was not really spiritually fruitful, so i guess i would need to be a shame of myself. It is hard to stick to the Bible and spending time to talk to God when my mind is only focusing on onlining and chatting with my pals. Many of you told me that you will be back sometime in November... Audrey Lian and Shariman, if the both of you are reading this entery of mine, do give me a call or an sms to my handphone when you people are back... I miss you people so much!! Hopefully we can meet up and hang out together... seriously looking forward to that.

I read 1 Chronicles chapter 16 the other day and i found something which was beautifully written - The Psalm of Thanksgiving - David's psalm to God.

8 'Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his eeds among the people,
9 'Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works,
10 'Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
11 'Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually,
12 'Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his wonders, and the judgements of his mouth;
13 'O ye seed of Israel his servant, ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones.
14 'He is the LORD our God: his judgements are in all the earth.
15 'Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations.'

This is just an extract from 1 Chronicles Chapter 16. (16:8-15). I found it really beautiful and just thought of jotting it down here in my entery. It made me think of the blessings everyday which are gifts from God; my safety, my family's happiness, my family's and friends' safety. It's just touches me to know that God has always been there even though how many times in a day, when i have a chance to talk to Him, i just pushed Him away. I want to bless the name of the LORD forever and ever!

My favorite verse in 1Chronicles 16 is verse 34.

34 'O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.

Okay, i'll be flying off to China for a holiday. I do hope that it would be a benefitial trip and, not to use the word dull, hopefully it will be of excitement. I am more interested in the food actually and side-seeing. Okay now, i better go pack my bags, will be leaving early in the morning. I would not much sleep at home, but hopefully will manage to sleep on the airplane. Do pray for a safe journey, thank you!

3 comments:

Eddie G. said...

Have fun in China! Here's a list of dos and don'ts to take with you.

Do:

1) Enjoy yourself
2) See the Great Wall of China
3) Order room service at your dad's expense ^_~
4) Leave generous tips for the waiters/waitresses
5) Check the Malaysian news regularly to see if I got myself into trouble of late

Don't:

1) Eat dogs
2) Buy mouldy bread
3) Cross the road with your eyes closed
4) Brag about Malaysia to the Chinese (unless you want to be ridiculed)
5) Comment on how indecipherable their accent is
6) Speak French
7) Talk about how cool the Japanese are
8) Ask the government if you could borrow Hong Kong for say 100 years
9) Absail down the Great Wall
10) Ask to see their visas
11) Throw man tous at policemen
12) Throw policemen at man tous
13) Try to practice the Moonlight Sonata in the hotel lobby ^_^

That's about it, really. Oh, and don't forget to buy me a souvenir! I always wanted a baby panda. Haha :D

Eddie G. said...

Have fun in China! Here's a list of dos and don'ts to take with you.

Do:

1) Enjoy yourself
2) See the Great Wall of China
3) Order room service at your dad's expense ^_~
4) Leave generous tips for the waiters/waitresses
5) Check the Malaysian news regularly to see if I got myself into trouble of late

Don't:

1) Eat dogs
2) Buy mouldy bread
3) Cross the road with your eyes closed
4) Brag about Malaysia to the Chinese (unless you want to be ridiculed)
5) Comment on how indecipherable their accent is
6) Speak French
7) Talk about how cool the Japanese are
8) Ask their government if you could borrow Hong Kong for say 100 years
9) Absail down the Great Wall
10) Ask to see their visas
11) Throw man tous at policemen
12) Throw policemen at man tous
13) Try to practice the Moonlight Sonata in the hotel lobby ^_^

That's about it, really. Oh, and don't forget to buy me a souvenir! I always wanted a baby panda. Haha :D

Anonymous said...

auds here. i'll be back on the 18th. i think i kinda lost your mobile number.. hehhe gimme your mobile number alrite? ^^ and hav fun in china