Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Goodbye 2

This poem somehow just formed in my mind when I was thinking hard on how to tackle my Public Relations Theory and Process (PRL2003) assignment and I just open up a new document on Microsoft Word and started ‘spilling’ it out. So, here goes:

None of your embrace I deserve,
Not in your arms I want to spend time in,
Not the love I need from you now,
But the coldness that reminds me of goodbye.

Sometimes, for certain, I want you here,
But now, I want you far.
Don’t ask me why as I don’t even know,
Your picture is what’s left standing on my shelf.

You said you love me but you don’t know the true me,
You said you miss me without knowing where I’ve been,
You said you need me without knowing what you want,
Stop saying you adore me without knowing who I am.

I need your kindness,
Too late… it’s not taken.
You gave your sympathy,
Which I regret receiving.

On the crossroads once again,
Your pathetic life flashes before my eyes.
You ask why,
I need not say much,
Just a cry of goodbye.

No comments: