Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Sepet

I must agree with Kelly that Sepet is indeed a superb movie! How many of us ever give a thought for interracial marriages? I guess we couldn’t deny the fact that many of us are there to discriminate other races and not even giving a chance to peace and harmony within our own society. Societies these days are so diverse that sometimes personal identity are hardly known. Most of us are indulge in western living that we tend to forget about our own roots, our own mother-tongue, and our own culture or even give a thought on past traditions.

Sepet is not just another feel-good entertainment or another corny, sentimental romantic movie that couples should go to. If you are thinking of having a day off just watching clichés on screen and another entertaining film, then forget about watching Sepet. I am positively certain that the director of this film is trying to send out a message to Malaysians. Everyone of us Malaysians can never deny the fact that we are staying in a multicultural society where Indians, Malays and Chinese are the three main races we mix with. How do we achieve peace and harmony? Racial discriminations were always happening and are still today. Most of the time we have our eyes closed and we go on living our bias life. Why can’t people accept the fact that Indian or not, we are born of flesh and blood? Why can’t people accept the fact that Malay or not, we share the same public transport and we walk on the same grounds? Why can’t people accept the fact that Chinese or not, we are all just human beings created by God?

The reason why I rate Sepet as a ‘must watch’ film of this month is because of the lessons we can learn from this film. What I’ve learnt is that to achieve peace among a multicultural society, all we need to do is to understand the culture of certain races and that we understand their traditions as well as respect their way of living. Stop the stereotyping by saying that Malays are well-known for their laziness and that Chinese are well-known for their illegal doings. Everything has its pros and cons. I’m sure that most of us have our own weaknesses and our own expertise. I wouldn’t stand up to say that Chinese are the best among the rest as I can start writing a list of negative things about the Chinese community and before I do so, I’m sure some of you already know. What society lacks today are comprehension and understanding of diverse cultures. Not to mention, some of us went to the extent being westernized. Because of globalization, everything to us seemed to be off boundaries and we tend to forget our roots and are fallen into the hands of ‘revolutionizing’ our way of living. It’s never wrong to receive western education but it is wrong when one starts forgetting their roots.

Sharks, I’m still awake at 3.53am and worried sick about *whosoever that comes to mind*!!. Poor boy, he’s sick and I’m not there to take good care of him. I wish we were studying in the same state, never want him to be in the same Uni. though. Ah well, whoever is in a long-distance relationship, remember that what matters most is your love towards your ‘other half’. I can’t wait to meet up with him during the one week’s break.

I am suppose to lead worship this coming Wednesday’s cell group meeting and I am not sure which Praise and Worship song should I choose. God help me!!

Audio CDs bought in SS2’s night market:


1. Michael Buble : It’s Time
2. David Foster : The Best of Me
3. Whitney Huston : Just Best

Currently feeling:

Super down and almost at the edge of breaking down as *whosoever* is sick and there’s something wrong with his bloody phone that keeps him and me from SMSing each other.

Super disappointed as I won’t be able to go to Diana Krall’s concert with KC as the tickets are bloody expensive. Not to mention, I got to skip ‘Sound of Music’… nothing comes for free right?

Blur – I am suppose to study Organizational Behaviour and get the answers ready for tutorial 2 and what am I doing? Thinking about *whosoever* all day long. Was also suppose to prepare for Authorship and Writing so that I wouldn’t put on a blur and confused look when Dr. Andrew’s lecturing.

Jittering at the moment as I’m suppose to meet up with the cell leader to practice on leading worship at about 7 hours time and I have not even prepare the song. I am suppose to send a letter to my cell facilitator and guess what, I can’t do so if I haven’t even get the songs I want the cellies to sing!!

1 comment:

forgotten_snow said...

methinks you should rephrase that to "KC and I won't be able to go to Diana Krall's concert" *cries* yersh it's bloody expensive... T_T but then it IS generally an "A" list party I guess... sigh... wish I had an "A" list family fortune... T_T

*screams* DIANA KRALL!!! *dies*