Monday, November 28, 2005

Reminiscence is bliss

There are many things holding me back. Nothing… no memories I wish to let go at the moment. Every experienced that I’ve lived through from the days of my college years till the time I work, nothing… absolutely nothing that I wish to forget. Maybe some burden memories or two, but the others, there are just too many, are just pure sweetness and enjoyment.

Note: I’ll be flying off to Australia soon.

It’s a little disturbing to know what I’ll miss when I’m gone.

Zeck: My most lovable, special one who has and will still be there for me even though the distance between us will be much more wider for the months or even years to come. However, assurance could be made that my love will never fade.

Eddie: I seriously miss you being in my car and also the times we spent talking to each other about you-know-what. However, we have not been doing that that often now. I was so glad you agreed to come watch Harry Potter with Zeck and I.

Fikri: The King of Lame has somehow never fail to brighten up my day every morning/afternoon/ even at night. Will miss all the lame jokes you’ve made, and keep most of them in heart and, hopefully, will never forget them.
(Just want to thank you for inviting me to your open house, and I’m really sorry, again, that I couldn’t make it. Guess what, among my Malay friends, you are the first who actually called to invite me to your open house. Thank you so much, I really do feel appreciated.)

Eva: My most in need friend, always on the demand. Happy to have gotten close to you after a semester of trying to get to know each other and 3 semester for being stuck in the same, stuffy lecture hall. It is great hanging out with you, especially when Zeck, Yasir and Ayushna are there to bitch endlessly (okay, it’s a bit too much to use that word, but what the hack… that’s what we do most of the time!).
(It’s the first time being invited to a birthday party… again, I feel very appreciated. However, sad to say that I won’t be there and hope that you’ll have a great birthday! But, I will make it up to you, don’t you fret!)

Kel Li: My sweetheart. It has been great getting to know you better after the Penang trip and YES! I still want to go on a vacation like the good old times. This time, hopefully we can stay a little longer (1 week). Hopefully you’ll be able to come to Aussie soon and there will be much bonding!

Simon: Thanks for being there whenever I want someone to talk to. However, it has been long since we last have a thorough conversation about God. Call me and fill me in about what you’ve find out further about the Bible. I would so love to listen!

Will I ever get to embrace life in Australia when life here is so fulfilling and that leaving it somehow seem so difficult all of a sudden. Firstly, I was so eager to take the next step into a life that I will soon embrace, and the past that I will soon try not to forget. However, memories just tails from behind, and now, it is side by side as I stand. I want to smile at those memories and put them in heart and mind, but besides of smiling, I ended up crying. I cried because I know, after another 2 months, I’ll have to say goodbye to what is now and look forward to what’s next. Some may think I’m being silly, but it’s hard to let go of something that was once yours and now, they are just memories for you to dwell on and hopefully that there will come a day, with God’s approval, that I can live through my memories once again.

Life in Monash wasn’t easy, nor was it tough. There were some stressful moments; happy moments; agonizing moments, and enjoyment. Whatever it is, it just kept me going and it mold me into a better person. From a person from a little town right to the North of KL, to a city girl who acknowledge the fact of being book-smart is never enough; from a person who does not have many friends, to someone who cherished every moment available to be together with a bunch of people who share common interests; from someone who thought that love was just an illusion that never existed in life, but ended up falling for someone lovable and passionate and lastly, from someone who thinks that life is all about looking at the four walls somehow just came out of that conservative space and into the world of busy streets, endless chatters and just have a leisurely walk in a park with a friend or enjoying lunch in a mall.

There are just so much I want to write down as I sat here, near the window that I truly love looking out towards an old tree where orangey-yellowish flower blossoms, I’m just reminiscing back when I first came into Monash. An amateur who doesn’t even know Chillies, T.G.I Fridays, or even Italianis existed till the day I step foot into Monash. It may seem humorous, but I’m serious. Wherever the wind may take me, all I know is, it will never blow my memories away!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

its hard to let you go but it is also for the better, I'll cherish every single day left with you before you go

love,
your baby

Unpredictable Mortal said...

vava: i hope you had fun without me haha. I will miss you loads, especially the long chats on the phone.

my baby: i wish you could come along with me!

Syaf said...

Hey...

thanks 4 visiting my friendster blog and leaving a comment on my friendship post.

anyways, when I first entered Monash it was you and a few other faces that made so welcome. i didn't know any other commies...

have fun in australia...

syafique