Thursday, July 07, 2005

I’ve been having bad dreams once in a while during the holidays and couldn’t really find a person to talk to. I relied on my pet brother (Jun Ling), but he has to go back to Australia for his following semester. Didn’t really get a chance to go out with him as he is busy renewing his visa and all, as for me, I’m left fighting my boring weekdays and weekends and finding the best way to survive!

I’m currently reading a book by Pat Barker entitled ‘Another World’. Well, it is interesting and it is mostly about supernatural stuff that happens in the present and the past. I’m closing in the conclusion, but, whenever I wanted to go on reading till the very end, my eye lids get really heavy and I stop at each ending chapters. Honestly, I am not the bookworm I use to be. During the years of my primary and secondary days, I can read a book till late morning and takes a two hours nap before school. Guess I’m just being plain lazy and it all occurs from the boring days I’ve been living in and I am looking forward for uni to reopen so that it could put a temporary end to my loneliness and boredom.

Besides of rambling about my boredom back in Ipoh, Debbie has now flown to Australia and I am already missing her a lot. In Uni, I treat her like my very own sister, but just to know the fact that she won’t be around to discuss work with me seriously sucks! I’m feeling guilty as I have not been able to meet up with her during the holidays to have lunch with her or even go with her for a movie. I guess I had been selfish and that I’ve so wanted to be back in Ipoh as I have left Ipoh for a couple of 3 months without coming back for a visit. I miss home but it is not a home to be permanently engaged in. Don’t get me wrong, my family has been supportive for the past few years of my life, but sometimes, the just expect too much from me that I feel like my whole future is tumbling right in front of my very eyes. Especially my dad, he expects me to know every single details of affair happening all around the globe. The questions he asked could sometimes be intimidating. Why can’t he see the fact that non-geniuses are not always to be labeled as dumb? When he asks a question that needs much thought, all he does is just give me seconds to answer before he shouts ‘how can you not know the answer after so many years of education?’ I admit, I’m never good in math, so if he was to ask a question that needs much calculation done, I expect him to give me a minute or two for me to have it done on paper. So unfair!

Sometimes, I’m just ignorant to what the papers have to say because everything that I’ve read in papers is all just a bunch of bull-shits. Nonsense, scandalous affairs, and up-to-no-good wars; I’m fully aware that it is part of my daily life routine, and that is to read the news as I am studying mass communication. Well, the truth can be experienced and seen through with our own naked eyes and our instincts and intuition. I don’t have to read the newspaper tomorrow morning to know that there is another rape suspect on the loose. Don’t mind me saying, our papers had been a cliché in life.

No comments: