Sunday, January 21, 2007

I Am Home

He sat by the bed,
With a guitar in his hands,
He strummed the first note,
And started singing a familiar song.

As I stood by near looking at him play,
Listening to him as he started to sing,
The moments were sweet and the memories begin,
It then began the story of me and him.

What did he do to me?
With his music and his song,
Then came the touch and the caresses,
And then I knew I was almost home.

I’m falling fast and hard into a web of unknowns,
I don’t know him well nor do I know him much,
Somehow I knew he is mine to have,
But I am not that strong to have my heart hurt once again.

I feel protected in his arms,
Love the way his arms found its place of rest,
What is it in that strong embrace?
That made me feel as if I am almost home.

Words of wisdom from another made me feel I should let go,
But I love this world of fantasy which I am holding on,
I was once told love is a deceitful web of illusion,
But with him, I felt that I’ve been sheltered from the storm.

Alone tonight on my bed with my thoughts aside,
I couldn’t stop thinking of the song that he sang,
He made me see that love deserves a second chance,
Oh, let me be home with him in my arms after tonight!

See, now what I am trying to do,
Is to make myself love him as much as I could give,
Till the day he feels safe in my arms,
That is when both of us found a home in each others heart.

5 comments:

ZEYN, THE PERPETUAL STRANGER said...

you made me cry...

Unpredictable Mortal said...

well... is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Anonymous said...

you made me cry too...so i guess its a good thing

ZEYN, THE PERPETUAL STRANGER said...

certainly it's a good thing, bro! that poem reminded me of my boyfriend.

Unpredictable Mortal said...

i'm glad my boyfriend loved it :) and i'm glad you guys did too